Junior Analyst/ Consultant - EconomistLondon, United Kingdom
CRU’s market leading Analysis and Consulting business units are looking to add talented and motivated individuals to their teams. CRU Analysis and Consulting teams can offer the opportunity to use your economic skills to analyse the economic trends of the commodity markets on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for basic market research across either our Analysis or Consulting business units. Using CRU’s models and methodologies you will analyse market fundamentals, forecast and communicate your views in written form. Moreover, you will work closely with product editors and regional market experts as well as senior researchers on developing and improving CRU’s models, whilst also contributing to process development and data management initiatives.
You will be expected to meet the needs of customer requirements through speaking with customers about the current state of the market, working with colleagues across our global offices and conducting primary research across a range of product areas to ensure high quality reports. You will also represent CRU to customers at conferences and at site visits whilst developing and maintaining a set of contacts within the market.
For the right person, a Junior Analyst/Consultant role at CRU will provide the opportunity to become part of a dynamic, supportive and truly international team.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics or in a similar field with a minimum grade of 2:1
- Masters in Economics
- Fluent written and spoken English
Apply for this job vacancy
- Extensive training and experience in applied economics (particularly applied microeconomics or econometrics) and a keen interest in applying this to ‘real world’ business challenges
- An interest in working with commodities
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- A strong commercial awareness and an analytical mind-set with the ability to quickly understand the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive CRU’s business and strategy
- Ability to construct a compelling narrative and have the confidence to express and defend position clearly
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Aptitude to learn new systems; experience with statistical software (such as R, eviews or matlab) will be an advantage