Multi-Commodity AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 10 June 2021
Our Multi-Commodity team conducts cross commodity analysis, and provides support to multi commodity clients. The team are looking to recruit a talented and motivated Analyst to support the team’s regular data analysis. You will be responsible for the creation of periodic reports for Clients on multiple commodities, writing insightful analysis on topical issues, supporting our Clients by answering detailed questions on multiple commodity markets, and updating the teams data, your own data and the report generation processes.
For the right person, this role will provide the opportunity to use and develop data skills on a daily basis, to develop effective communication skills when liaising with Clients, to deepen your knowledge across CRU’s commodity portfolio, and to become part of a dynamic, supportive and truly international business.
Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The Undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. We are interested in hearing from graduates with an Economics, Mining, Geology, Engineering or Mathematics background.
About you – What experience are we looking for?
- Strong background in Mathematics and/or Economics
- Education background in mining, mineral economics, resource/extraction, energy, engineering or would be an advantage
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling
- Either practical or analytical work experience in mining, resource/extraction, energy, or engineering sectors
- The ability to construct and express a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a results driven business environment
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Creative in the application of first principles to problems and mindful of the time constraints of a business environment
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Enthusiastic regarding delivering the highest quality work to each and every client
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in English - Written and spoken