Nitrogen Market Editor London, United Kingdom
Posted 03 September 2019
Our energetic Fertilizer Week team are hiring for a Nitrogen Market Editor. The central responsibilities of the role are covering global trade in nitrogen products, with the opportunity to become an authority in their given field through interaction with market sources and customers.
Reporting into the Head of Fertilizer Week, the successful candidate will need to feel comfortable communicating with a range of international contacts from different countries and backgrounds, mainly at upper management level. This will require perseverance and a good telephone manner as well as the ability to maintain and build new relationships, enhancing the quality of information gathered. Networking with sources will require some travel to industry conferences. A high level of energy and commitment are required for this job.
Candidates should be degree educated (first or 2:1) from a top British university or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK.
There will also be some international travel involved with the role.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Monitor nitrogen markets, produce daily news, market commentaries, weekly price assessments and reports
- Regular contact with producers, traders and buyers to build relationships and gather market intelligence
- Work closely with product editors across Fertilizer Week to publish reports in a timely manner
- Write a monthly forecast on nitrogen products in conjunction with analysis teams
- Attend industry events to grow contacts base, report on news and represent CRU Fertilizer Week
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong editing, writing and reporting skills
- Experience in B2B journalism, ideally in price discovery
- Numeracy and ability to critically analyse data, identifying trends and key drivers
- Evidence of commercial awareness is an advantage, particularly an understanding of commodities markets
Skills & Competencies
- A curious mindset and ability to quickly attain market information
- An analytical approach, able to get to grips quickly with intricacies and complexities of economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Ability to maintain relationships with information providers and expand contacts book
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced and results driven business environment
- Creative in the application of first principles to problems and mindful of time constraints
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude and a genuine interest in developing the team to maintain its position as the industry benchmark
- Delivery focused and a passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences
Technical & Other Skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Additional languages useful but not essential