Nitrogen Market ReporterLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 27 November 2020
Our energetic Fertilizer Week team is seeking a talented and high energy Nitrogen Market Reporter. The central responsibilities of the role are covering global trade in nitrogen products (urea, ammonia, nitrates, and sulphates) with the opportunity to become an authority in their given field through interaction with market sources and customers.
Reporting into the Head of Fertilizer Week, the successful candidate will need to feel comfortable communicating with a range of international contacts from different countries and backgrounds, mainly at upper management level. This will require perseverance, commitment, and a good telephone manner, as well as the ability to maintain and build new relationships to enhance the quality of information gathered. Networking with sources will require some travel to industry conferences (where Pandemic restrictions allow), so candidates need to be willing to travel.
Candidates should be degree educated (first or 2:1) from a top British university or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor nitrogen markets, produce market commentaries, weekly price assessments, daily news, and reports
- Regular contact with producers, traders, and buyers to build relationships and gather market intelligence
- Work closely with product editors across Fertilizer Week to publish reports in a timely manner
- Write a monthly forecast on nitrogen products in conjunction with analysis teams
- Attend industry events to grow contacts base, report on news and represent CRU Fertilizer Week
About you – What experience are we looking for?
- Strong editing, writing, and reporting skills
- Experience in B2B journalism preferred, but open to an ambitious journalist at the start of their career
- Numeracy and ability to critically analyse data, identifying trends and key drivers
- Evidence of commercial awareness is an advantage, particularly an understanding of commodities markets
Skills & Competencies
- A curious mindset and ability to quickly attain market information
- An analytical approach, able to get to grips quickly with intricacies and complexities of economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Ability to maintain relationships with information providers and expand contacts’ book
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced and results driven business environment
- Creative in the application of first principles to problems and mindful of time constraints
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude and a genuine interest in developing the team to maintain its position as the industry benchmark
- Delivery focused and a passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change
Technical & Other Skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Additional languages would be useful, but not essential