Principle Analyst SteelSingapore, Singapore
Posted 04 October 2023
We are currently seeking new colleagues with several years’ of experience in industry or similar information, analysis or consulting businesses to help grow and lead our analysis capability for the steel flat products market in China. If you join us you would typically:
- Lead conversations with customers and other external stakeholders, delivering CRU analysis and insights in the context of an understanding of their business needs
- Form and shape CRU’s market views, working with the contribution of colleagues and own market analysis work. This includes the interpretation and communication of government policy and its influence on both the steel industry and end-use markets.
- Manage the production of written reports, presentations and webinar content.
- Own the short, medium and long term forecasts for China flat products.
- Inspire, coach and mentor more junior team members across CRU’s global analysis team.
- Build and grow methodology and other intellectual property
- Represent CRU at industry events
- Work with our sales and marketing teams by providing technical support and by identifying and shaping relevant market and industry themes and content for marketing campaigns.
- Research, and analyse quantitative and qualitative information to formulate and evidence market insights
- Represent CRU at conferences and large events, both in China and elsewhere.
We are looking for great people with the following attributes:
- First degree, ideally in a numerate discipline
- Real-world experience in drawing meaning from data and qualitative information to provide insight for decisionmakers
- The ability to lead or contribute to discussion with senior external stakeholders, providing analysis and insight that is positioned appropriately given an understanding of their business needs and challenges
- Ability to support and coach others, manage research and insight generation processes
- Fluent English and Mandarin with the ability to construct and express well-reasoned, well-evidenced and logical arguments.
- The ability to build, maintain and grow an effective network.
- Natural inclination to collaborate and work supportively in a diverse and international team
Your work will help major international companies, industry associations and governments make the best judgments for the good of their stakeholders and efficient natural resource allocation. As CRU works at the heart of commodities markets, you’d be providing analysis to key people in our customer organisations. More than that, CRU participates in industry association and wider forums where our insights and views help shape industry-wide policy and direction to which your analysis will be key.Apply Here