Regional Director - US - Sales Pittsburgh, United States
Posted 12 November 2020
Please note – We are flexible on location, and will consider candidates that are based across the US
An exciting opportunity has arisen working with our US Sales Team. We are currently recruiting for a confident, commercially aware and customer focussed Regional Director – US, who will develop and implement a multi-faceted regional sales strategy focusing on supporting CRU’s clients and assisting with their needs – This will include financial growth, increasing and or maintaining market position, client retention, new client acquisition, competitor displacement. In addition to direct selling, the Regional Director will be responsible for overseeing and implementing various strategies and initiatives.
Reporting into our VP of Sales for the US, the Regional Director will need to meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual financial targets by driving sustainable financial growth, by increasing CRU Analysis and Consulting sales. The Regional Director will coordinate and partner with CRU Analysts and Consultants to best support CRU’s existing and prospective clients.
Candidates need to be experienced in customer facing scenarios, and need to have a solid background in a Sales role, ideally within a subscription-based product and Consulting sales environment. Being an excellent all-round communicator, with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks while under pressure will be some of the key elements to be successful in this role.
Since this is a regional sales role, candidates need to be comfortable travelling within the assigned sales territory and must possess an up to date Passport.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a multi-faceted regional growth strategy which will support and ensure sales revenues to meet annual and quarterly sales targets
- Lead on key strategies and initiatives
- Develop and maintain a robust lead/sales pipeline toward targeted entities to continuously grow the business and generate sales through lead sourcing, prospecting, research calls and client visits
- Collaborate with marketing, customer services, consulting desks, analysis teams and sales colleagues and managers, to ensure successful implementation and financial growth
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts
- Negotiate clients’ annual subscription renewals and ensure the highest possible renewal and upgrade retention rate
- Attend industry conferences, trade exhibitions, and professional association meetings when necessary
- Work to build and maintain client relationships with after-sale touch bases
- Respectfully challenge client objections in order to gain the client’s trust, in turn, leading to a sale
- Review one’s own sales performance with a view to improve it
- Identify other influencers, decision makers and possible champions within existing and potential client companies
- Write sales and renewal proposals for commercial evaluation
- Understand a client’s business and work to demonstrate the value of CRU’s work
About you – What experience are we looking for?
Skills and Competencies
- Sales prospecting skills
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Client research and business qualification
- Closing skills
- Ability to get up to speed with CRU Product knowledge, and working knowledge of CRU’s competitors
- Nurturing client relationships
- Motivation for sales
- Sales planning
- Identification of customer needs and challenges
- Territory management
- Market knowledge
- Meeting sales goals
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint