Research AnalystSantiago, Chile
Posted 06 July 2023
CRU Consulting are looking for recent graduates to join their team as a Research Analyst in Santiago. As the consulting arm of CRU, we deliver bespoke projects across a wide section of clients in the mining, metals and energy industries. We provide value to our clients through accurate data, insightful analysis, and timely delivery. At CRU we work in a dynamic environment, alongside world experts and at an international level. There is a strong ethos around continuous learning and respecting good work-life balance, with many opportunities to grow your knowledge and network.
As a Research Analyst, you will:
- Carry out primary research across a wide range of product areas as well as using and developing data, models and methodologies to identify key trends and insights for our clients.
- Use CRU views, models and forecasts to produce written reports and presentations, developing original arguments and narratives that are clear and concise to our clients.
- Work in highly collaborative global teams, you will interact with colleagues around the region as well as our offices around the world.
- Client interaction is key and you will contribute to commercial proposals, insights and presentations as well as visiting sites, clients and conferences across the region as required.
- Use problem solving techniques to provide solutions through the effective communication of ideas to project team members and clients.
- Requires attention to detail, identification of trends, ability to look at the big picture and an interest in understanding key evolving issues surrounding commodity markets
- Undergraduate degree – preferable from fields of Engineering, Economics or Business, although will consider Graduates from a broad range of backgrounds. Post graduate qualifications would be advantageous.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory (in your application provide context of your English proficiency). Fluency in another language would be advantageous. The position is in the Santiago office, but Spanish is not a requirement for this role.
- Ability to combine quantitative methods with the humanities - that is transforming data and models into compelling stories and arguments that are relevant for their target audience.
- Strong background in maths, analytical mind set, problem solving skills and/or economics.
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment