Research Analyst - Consulting Santiago, Chile
Posted 14 October 2020
PLEASE NOTE - Candidates need to be fluent in English, both written and verbally. The ability to converse in Spanish would be greatly beneficial, although not essential. For this role we are also considering candidates that are based outside of Chile and would be willing to relocate.
Are you a Graduate with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree? We are interested in hearing from Economics, Mining, Geology, Engineering, Mathematics, Sciences graduates
If you are interested in starting your career with an international and diverse company - CRU could be the company for you
We are CRU – a market leading independent authority on commodities markets. With offices in Beijing, Shanghai, London, Mumbai, Pittsburgh, Santiago, Singapore and Sydney, our Analysis and Consulting business units are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our teams.
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm of CRU, and delivers bespoke projects to a wide section of clients in the mining, metals and fertilisers industries. Many of our projects are related to valuation and strategy decisions faced by our clients. We provide value to our clients through accurate data, insightful analysis and timely delivery.
Our Chile Consulting team are looking to hire an ambitious and creative Research Analyst, with a strong quantitative background, and a robust approach to data and modelling. This role will report into the Project Manager, and will be responsible for supporting the execution of projects across CRU’s Consulting desks (Base metals, Fertilizers, Ferrous, High Value and Multi-commodity). These projects commonly relate to strategy development, informing market decisions, valuing asset or options, as well as policy related advice and impact analysis on behalf of clients, including: miners and producers, investors/banks, industrial consumers and supply chain entities, as well as policy makers and regulators.
CRU operate globally, so the successful candidate would be expected to travel to meet business requirements. (Dependant on pandemic travel restrictions)
What will your responsibilities be?
This role will enable the Research Analyst to become familiar both with a range of commodity markets, and the way Consulting execute and manage projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Find, use, maintain and develop data, models and methodologies that CRU use to produce transparent results for customers, identifying key trends and insights that are clear and meaningful
- Carry out primary research across a range of product areas, taking functional leadership from the lead consultant of those products
- Maintain and develop a structured approach to data collection, storage and analysis
- Understand and contribute to CRU’s research and forecast models and methodologies from complex commodity market data
- Discover and develop own insights and model the implications for supply, demand, costs and prices
- Work with senior consultants/analysts on developing and improving CRU models or investigating a particular project
- Document frameworks in clear English and Maths, following CRU templates
- Meet imposed deadlines, understanding the project plan and impact of your work to other team members
Report Writing and Presentations
- Structure report sections in the “CRU Consulting” style
- Explain CRU’s views clearly and engagingly in written reports and presentations
- Make recommendations / suggestions about style, formatting and content
- Work in highly collaborative international teams; sharing information, presenting and testing ideas
- Interact with CRU key persons in our Global offices
Customer Interaction, Market Awareness and Marketing
- Contribute to commercial proposals, marketing insights and presentations
- Keep informed on market developments
- Understand customer requirements and work with colleagues to meet those needs
- Take part in and contribute to customer/site visits and conference meetings as required, working with other team members and CRU Sales and Marketing team
About you - What skills are we looking for?
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Fluent written and spoken English
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive our business and strategy
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to discuss confidently with market participants and an inquisitive mind to obtain information that helps CRU Consulting provide a unique understanding to these markets
- Excellent team ethic and able to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive outlook
- Organised and be able to deliver to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Aptitude to learn new systems; experience with statistical software (such as R, EViews, STATA or MATLAB) will be an advantage
Apply for this role here