Research Analyst - PhosphatesLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 14 January 2021
Are you a recent Masters Graduate? We are interested in hearing from Economics, Mining, Geology, Engineering, Mathematics, Sciences Graduates
If you are interested in starting your career with an international and diverse company - CRU could be the company for you
Our Fertilizer team is seeking a talented and motivated Research Analyst, to contribute to our Phosphate market analysis. Reporting into the Head of Phosphates, this role involves analysis of markets, current events, forecasting, and more. This is a great opportunity for the individual to develop data skills, contribute to industry-leading research and analysis, and become part of a dynamic and international team.
This role requires the ability to employ a range of techniques used to analyse medium and long-term commodity trends, as well as being comfortable working as part of a fast-paced, results driven team, that is committed to delivering high-quality research to our clients.
Candidates should be degree educated (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. The role will also require a level of international travel (Pandemic restrictions dependent), so candidates need to be comfortable with this.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide in-depth research and analysis of Phosphate markets
- Manage, maintain, and update market data and information
- Contribute to development of Fertilizer models and data management initiatives
- Develop/maintain outstanding relationships with market participants
- Deliver quality data and help present analysis in written form, graphically and verbally
- To actively participate in the development and improvement of CRU Phosphate research and analysis
About you – What are we looking for?
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to critically analyse data and identify trends
- Ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
Skills & Competencies
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- An analytical mind-set and able to get to grips quickly with detailed data and information
- Approachable, with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Responsive to client needs and commercially minded
- Corporate awareness, able to understand the wider business context
- Cognisant of the importance of sharing knowledge and ideas
- Able to communicate clearly (both verbally and in writing), and build and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships at all levels
- IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent written and spoken English