Posted 20 September 2023
An exciting opportunity for an experienced reporter/editor – ideally with scrap market experience – to assist in expanding scrap market coverage. This will be a digital newsletter service and part of a broad service platform. The successful candidate will be responsible not only for copy editing and coordinating the newsletter but also for writing new articles, market reports and social media posts. This role can be remote based in the USA.
· Break news and produce timely coverage of industry announcements, quarterly earnings, and scrap price movements. Take a leading role in producing the newsletter with an eye toward opportunities and improvements.
· Expertly gather market intelligence. This includes not only interpreting pricing data but also developing new sources for both pricing and news.
· Edit news articles, analysis and columns written by members of the scrap team, SMU, CRU, and outside contributors.
· Assess prices and other key market indicators. Log data/information as required. A familiarity with IOSCO standards is helpful.
· Represent the company at conferences and events. The successful candidate will have a large role in speaking, moderating, and driving the success of future events.
· Collaborate with sales and marketing to make sure we’re getting the right content in front of the right people. Help drive growth for the service across social media platforms.
· Build knowledge of the ferrous and nonferrous scrap markets.
· Ensure a consistent style is applied across all products and services.
· Suggest opportunities for improving and adding value to the newsletter, the website, and the various data streams and charting tools.
· Ability to collaborate with the highly respected global CRU Analysis teams.
· Proven editorial and management experience.
· Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
· A strong grasp of basic math.
· Attention to detail.
· An ability to work to strict deadlines.
· Professional work ethic.
· Commercial awareness.
· A determination to succeed and a “can do” attitude.
· A team and company player.Apply Here