Senior Analyst/Consultant – Economist
CRU’s market leading Analysis and Consulting business units are looking to add talented and motivated individuals to their teams. CRU International can offer the opportunity to use your economic skills to analyse the economic trends on commodity markets on a daily basis to meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders.
You may be responsible for market research, analysing market fundamentals, forecasting, communicating your views in written form. Moreover, you may work closely with product editors and regional market experts as well as senior researchers on developing and improving CRU’s models, whilst also contributing to process development and data management initiatives. You may also be required to design project work plans, lead internal and external project meetings and design structures that can meet the deliverables of projects.
You will be expected to meet the needs of customer requirements through developing relationships, speaking with customers about the current state of the market, working with colleagues across our global offices and conducting primary research across a range of product areas to ensure high quality reports. As a Senior Analyst/Consultant, you will represent CRU to customers at conferences and site visits whilst developing and maintaining a set of varied contacts within the market.
For the right person, a Senior Analyst/Consultant role at CRU will provide the opportunity to become part of a dynamic, motivated and truly international team.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics or in a similar field with a minimum grade of 2:1
- Masters in Economics
- 3+ years experience in industry is preferable
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Extensive training and experience in applied economics (particularly applied microeconomics or econometrics) and a keen interest in applying this to ‘real world’ business challenges
- A strong commercial awareness and an analytical mind-set with the ability to quickly understand the intricacies and complexities of the economics and data that drive CRU’s business and strategy
Apply for this job vacancy
- An interest in working with commodities
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Ability to construct a compelling narrative and have the confidence to express and defend position clearly
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Aptitude to learn new systems; experience with statistical software (such as R, eviews or matlab) will be an advantage
- Previous supervisory/management experience