Senior ConsultantSingapore, Singapore
Posted 05 February 2020
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm of CRU, delivering approximately 200 projects per year across a wide section of clients in the mining, metals, fertilisers and chemicals industry. Many of our projects are related to strategic decisions faced by our clients. We provide value to our clients through accurate data, insightful analysis and timely delivery.
A Senior Consultant will work as part of a dynamic, supportive and international team; managing projects; developing new business; providing in-depth and insightful knowledge on a wide range of commodity market issues to support financial transactions, strategy development and legal disputes.
Our Senior Consultants are core to project execution and should be capable of confidently managing small and medium size projects with minimal supervision as well as a running workstreams in larger, more complex projects. At times they will have the responsibility of the day-to-day supervision of 1-3 people on a project team, including subconsultants.
We have a global client base; therefore our Consultants need to be prepared to travel throughout the year.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect and analyse data and apply analytical methodologies to present information that is easy to absorb by the reader
- Ability to write reports and presentations that relevant to the unique situation of the Client with minimal supervision
- Prepare proposals and pitch documents suitable for submission to prospective clients
- Communicate complex economic and technical concepts and insights clearly and succinctly to a wide range of different audiences
What experience are we looking for
- Candidates need to be degree educated in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Economics, Geology). A further Masters degree would also be highly beneficial
- CRU has a global client base and delivers most of its advisory services and reports in English. The candidate must have completed all or part of their education in English and have experience using English in an international business environment
- Track record of applying data and analysis to real-world problems
- Deep understanding of commodity markets
- Strong quantitative background with experience managing data and economic/technical modelling
- Project management experience including exposure to working across multi-locations with different cultures
- Experience in the mining and metals industry, e.g. at a mining/metals processing company, trader, bank, advisory firm
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in business development would be a strong advantage