CRU Consulting is the consultancy division of the CRU Group. The team deliver approximately 200 projects/year across a wide section of clients in the mining, metals, technology metals and fertilisers industries. Many of the projects are related to strategic decisions faced by our clients. We provide value to our clients through clarity of communication, industry expertise, insightful analysis, accurate data and timely delivery.
A Senior Consultant will work as part of a dynamic, supportive and truly international team; managing projects; building new client relationships; providing in-depth and insightful knowledge on a wide range of exciting and often confidential global projects.
PLEASE NOTE: The applicant must be entitled to undertake full time work in Australia and be prepared to relocate to Sydney. We operate on a global basis, so the person in the role should expect to travel 10% working time.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Senior Consultants are primarily responsible for responding to incoming leads and project management. You will be expected to carry out and supervise junior team members to provide our clients with the service they receive from CRU Consulting through:
- Working with clients, CRU Sales, Consulting team members to develop clear / concise project proposals
- Designing project workplans. Leading, delegating and contributing to internal and external project meetings
- Drawing and communicating clear conclusions for clients
- Finding and manipulating data using existing data analysis methodologies; identifying key trends and messages in data
- Preparing reports in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other technical/economic software as appropriate
- Responsible for meeting self-imposed deadlines.
In addition, you will be expected to:
- Support senior team members’ marketing; lead generation and proposal preparation
- Contribute to marketing material and writing up case studies.
- Document client contacts, leads and proposals in SalesForce
- Interact with CRU’s offices and key staff
- Proactively present market opportunities to clients, gain insight into client’s business, identify and convince potential clients on how CRU can assist them
- Good quality relevant first degree e.g. Engineering, Economics
- A further degree (Masters degree with merit, MBA and/or PhD) would be highly beneficial
Knowledge & experience
Apply for this role
- Intellectual leadership with an exceptional understanding of the metals, mining and energy markets
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker underpinned by robust approach to data/modelling
- Project management experience including exposure to working across multi-locations with different cultures
- Experience in business development an advantage
Technical & other skills
- Collect and analyse data and apply analytical methodologies to present information visually
- Prepare reports and proposals suitable for submission to prospective clients
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluent written and spoken English