Senior Project ManagerLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 25 July 2019
CRU is a global commodities company that provides market analysis, consulting and events for the mining, metals and fertilizer industries. Headquartered in London it has a global reach with offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Pittsburgh, Mumbai, Singapore, Santiago and Sydney.
Working within the information technology team and with business stakeholders, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery across multiple programmes of works. Responsibilities include business analysis, project management, stakeholder management, user support, issue tracking and resolution. The role will involve close collaboration with external suppliers, internal business teams and information technology teams.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- End to end project management of development projects within specific programmes - This will involve working in close collaboration with our external development partner, internal business teams and information technology teams
- Ensure the creation and accuracy of all technical and functional specifications supplied by our external development partners
- Lead and facilitate requirements workshops
- Create all documentation relating to specifications and project requirements from internal business and information technology teams
- Create governable processes and documentation for development, UAT and deployment
- Manage and develop process for scope changes/change requests
- Adhere to project management and governance guidelines set by the programme management office
- Adhere to CRU operational policies procedures and compliance guideline
- Assist with the design and prototyping phases of new application and website development
- Assist with customer feedback gathering and assimilation of findings
- Release management of bug fixes and changes of operational systems and plan in future development cycles
- Develop an understanding of CRU’s global business strategies and contribute to the development roadmap in collaboration with the business teams and the Programme Management Team.
- Develop and maintain the relationship with our external development partners as well as other external software suppliers.
- Negotiate with external contractors for services
- Act as liaison with the external hosting provider, planning upgrades and ensuring uptime and adherence to predefined SLA’s and KPI’s
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and best-practices within the web development environments in order to introduce innovation and ensure cost-effectiveness of CRU’s standards and strategies
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills - particularly in agile methodologies
- Business analysis skills and requirements creation
- Experience in managing multiple internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Knowledge and experience of website and other development lifecycles
- Team player and the ability to work in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility, adaptability and detail orientated