Senior Sustainability AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 26 July 2023
CRU’s Sustainability Division is seeking an enthusiastic and analytical Senior Analyst to join our London team. The successful candidate will contribute to intellectual property (IP) development in the sustainability space and help shape the delivery of this IP to our clients in a way that provides value. The role will also require collaboration across the wider CRU business to ensure sustainability knowledge is integrated across CRU’s commodity analysis. As a Senior Sustainability Analyst, you will deliver deep insight to our business and clients by providing commentary and thought-leadership on relevant and developing sustainability issues.
CRU Group covers the world’s mining, metals and fertilizer industries. The Sustainability Division is responsible for developing cross-sector thematic research and services to help our business and clients navigate their sustainability journey. Our stories really come to life when told with reference to data and charts. Therefore, as well as presentations, insights, reports and webinars, CRU creates a vast and powerful data set on emissions, costs, commodity production & demand and prices that our clients use to help make decisions.
The successful candidate will work at the heart of a dynamic, global business intelligence company. As well as taking a key role in developing our sustainability offering, you will be able to further develop a wide array of transferable skills, such as market research, written insights and thought-leadership articles, overseeing the work of junior team members, presenting at key conferences and developing client relationships.
What will you gain from working with us:
• The ability to work with and learn from expert analysts in a highly respected market analysis and business intelligence company
• The guidance and support of a dedicated line manager and direct links with project leads in the business
• The opportunity to work with supportive and like-minded colleagues in a truly global organisation
• Developing successful client relationships to contribute to business and product development
• Responsibility for developing, writing and owning powerful narratives, quality reports and presentations on environmental and sustainability issues for internal and external stakeholders
• Performing detailed analysis and interpretation of data and statistics to support analysis and forecasts
• Contribute to developing new IP, products and services
• A Bachelor’s 2:1 degree or higher from a top British university or equivalent qualification from an overseas university – the degree should be in a quantitative field, such as Economics, Mathematics, Science, Engineering or Data Science
• Proven experience as an analyst or consultant in the sustainability, energy or commodities sector or a related role. Candidates from industry, manufacturing or materials-focused backgrounds will also be considered
• Knowledge of sustainability trends or commodities an advantage
• Project management skills
• Real-world experience in drawing trends from data and qualitative information to provide insight for decisionmakers
• Commercial awareness – ability to identify clients’ needs and promote CRU’s sustainability services to a wide range of potential clients
• Ability to support and coach others, manage research and insight generation processes
• Able to influence across teams and people with whom you will not have direct line management
• Natural inclination to collaborate and work supportively in a diverse and international team
• Clear and confident communicator
• Motivated and driven to excelApply Here