SMU ReporterPittsburgh, United States
Posted 14 March 2022
An exciting opportunity for an experience journalist - ideally with steel market experience - to make a significant contribution to Steel Market Update (SMU), a leading North American steel industry newsletter and online publication. The successful candidate will report spot news with a sence of urgency, write in-depth market reports, and conduct exclusive interviews with CEOs and other industry leaders. They will also help collect pricing data and edit the articles/ columns of other contributors to SMU.
Key to this role is the ability to gather market intelligence, through interpreting pricing data as well as developing new sources for both pricing and news giving you the opportunity to build expert knowledge of the finished steel markets. You will also represent the company at industry conferences and events as well as playing a key role in SMU’s flagship annual conference, Steel Summit. You will have the opportunity to work with highly respected CRU steel analysts across our global offices in addition to collaborating with our sales and marketing teams to help drive SMU’s growth across social media and target the right content to our customers.
About you - What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is essential and further education such as a Master's degree would be beneficial
- Proven editorial experience
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships across key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoke English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Office