Sub-Editor - Production TeamLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 15 July 2021
CRU has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Sub-Editor to join our busy Production desk. Our Production team manages the delivery of written content to its subscription services.
The industries CRU works in are vibrant and truly global: a hurricane in Australia, a strike in Peru, or a construction boom in China can influence markets across the world. Our work relies on the best research, data, and insight because our multi-national customers – leading companies in the commodity space – rely on us to inform and support crucial decisions they need to make in fast-moving and volatile markets.
Working in a small and friendly team, you will be responsible for delivering the content created by our commodity specialists, who are experts in their various fields, via our online subscription platform as online content, email, and as reports. These will contain written narrative, charts, visuals, and data tables, and you will be responsible for ensuring they meet high standards for written and visual form.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on interesting and engaging content; it is also an opportunity to work as a key member of our Production team in a business that is undergoing a digital transition.
Candidates need to be degree educated - The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), should be from a top British university, or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK. The degree must be in a relevant field, such as English, Business Writing, or Journalism. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will also be needed.
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Attention to detail, especially in written and visual forms
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills, e.g. headline writing, creating editing charts and visuals
- Excellent word processing skills especially using MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- A background in B2B publishing would be an advantage
- A knowledge of Adobe Creative applications; especially InDesign
- Experience using content management systems for website publishing