Sustainability Analyst - London and Beijing London, United Kingdom
Posted 28 May 2021
CRU leads in the field of global commodity market analysis and business intelligence. Our newly formed CRU Sustainability Division are seeking three highly talented Analysts to join the team, based in London and Beijing. The Sustainability Division is a newly created division that will focus on developing new products and services to help businesses navigate the challenges from climate change, including the journey to net zero emissions.
This is an exciting new role that will expose you to a variety of high-profile questions in the field of sustainability. The division will cover areas including:
- Climate policy, such as tracking countries’ policies and progress to net zero;
- The energy transition – the move away from fossil fuels and to renewable sources of energy;
- Carbon emissions and carbon pricing – key enablers to achieving net zero; and
- The circular economy
Our multi-national customers will look to the Sustainability Division to provide solutions to their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) challenges.
This role is a great entry point into a career in the private sector. You will be guided and coached by experienced Analysts. You will have the opportunity to thrive at the heart of a dynamic, global business intelligence company. You will develop a wide array of transferable skills, such as data analysis, market research, preparing presentations as well as the opportunity to meet clients.
Some examples of how you will be contributing:
- Find, evaluate, and organise data
- Conducting market research on sustainability-related topics
- Prepare high quality reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to discussion and debate on the challenges faced by companies and possible solutions
- Become familiar with CRU's research methodology, data systems, and forecasting methodologies
- Perform detailed analysis, and interpretation of data and statistics to support analysis and forecasts
- Develop and write powerful narratives on environmental and sustainability issues
- Support and assist other members of the sustainability team
- Contribute to developing new products and services
- Help to build a network of contacts in the field of sustainability
What kind of person might you be?
- You will need to have a Masters from a top British university or equivalent qualification from an overseas university - The degree should be in a quantitative field, such as Economics, Science, Engineering or Environmental Studies
- Knowledge of climate change, including threats and opportunities, would be an advantage
- An enthusiastic team player with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Analytical mind-set and a strong aptitude for working with data
- Organised and delivery focused with a passion for quality and innovation
- A desire to provide value to our clients
- Motivated and driven to excel
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Written and spoken Mandarin an advantage
- Collaborative – With the ability to communicate and work effectively with teams across our global offices
What will you gain from working with us?
- Be central to establishing a new Division in the business that will make a meaningful difference to customers and to our business
- The ability to work with and learn from analysts in a highly respected market analysis and business intelligence business
- The guidance and support of both a dedicated line manager and project leads in the business, who will ensure you are properly briefed and supported
- The opportunity to work with supportive and like-minded colleagues in a truly global organisation