US Aluminum Lead AnalystPittsburgh, United States
Posted 10 June 2021
Our market-leading Analysis division is seeking a talented and motivated Analyst to lead and grow our Aluminum market position across North America. This requires developing relationships across the supply chain, becoming a trusted advisor to key companies across the industry, and the ability to quickly adapt to the changing market dynamics across the region.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader and analyst with an unrivalled knowledge of the Aluminum industry, an existing network of contacts, and a sound understanding of business and commercial principles that they can utilise to support the growth of the business.
The Lead Analyst will be responsible for the promotion of CRU’s Aluminum presence in North America, contributing and developing the company’s regular reports and services, and supporting our Events team in increasing CRU’s presence in this space. The person will support CRU’s relationships with customers and associations through visits and teleconference meetings, so the ability to communicate well with clients (both verbally and in writing), will be key to the success of this role. This is a great opportunity for an Analyst to deliver exceptional external client engagement and to grow their profile even further in the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting CRU’s primary metal and downstream research, on a global basis, with emphasis on the North American market, including providing though provoking analytical content
- Provide knowledge and analytical support to the Aluminum Division at CRU
- Support CRU’s Sales and Marketing group to help promote and sell CRU’s products and services in the region
- Advise CRU’s Events team in developing CRU Aluminum conferences in the region and assisting the Events team in delivering a great event for clients
- Advise CRU Consulting in developing single client opportunities in the region
- Support our customers in the region by speaking to them and visiting them on a regular basis in support of the services they subscribe to
- Develop relationships and maintain contacts with key industry players in the region
- Provide input on how to improve the coverage of North America in our reports and the quality of the data presented
- Deliver keynote presentations at conferences
About you – What experience are we looking for?
- Extensive experience of the Commodities/Metals markets
- Proven leadership skills in managing people in areas of research and business
- Proven analytical skills, with the ability to critically analyse data and identify trends and key drivers
- The ability to construct and articulate a well-reasoned and logical argument, evidenced by supporting data and with clearly articulated assumptions
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and the capability to work accurately with numbers and in the written form
- The ability to perform under pressure and deliver contributions to products strict deadlines
- To be a team and company player and work flexibly with colleagues across businesses towards common goals.
- Relevant technical first degree
- Commercial awareness
- An inquisitive mind to obtain information that helps CRU provide a unique understanding of markets
- Additional language skills would be a bonus, although it is not essential