Research AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 29 June 2022
Our Consulting division are seeking talented and motivated Research Analysts to provide data, analysis and insight on the mining, metals, and energy markets. Among other responsibilities, the role will cover primary research across a wide range of product areas as well as using and developing data, models, and methodologies to identify key trends and insights for our clients.
Client interaction is key, and you will contribute to commercial proposals, insights and presentations as well as visiting sites, clients and conferences across the region as required. To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to create insightful analysis, develop knowledge of the industry and understanding of the market, alongside maintaining existing client and industry relationships.
We are looking for candidates with a top degree from a leading university (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK in a relevant discipline. You must be able to work to strict deadlines and have excellent attention to details, as well as having excellent communication skills especially in both written and verbal.
As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Help maintain team’s spreadsheets and databases, including actively collect and maintain information on projects/producers to improve existing databases
- Produce written sections for the team’s portfolio of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Contribute and support the team in writing Special Features on topical subjects as they arise
- Respond to ad-hoc client and internal requests for data and opinions in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in customer conference calls and briefings where appropriate
- Support CRU’s sales and marketing teams to maximise sales of our products
About you – what skills & experience are we looking for?
- A top degree from a leading university or equivalent level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Someone who can take the initiative but also perform successfully as part of a team
- The ability to demonstrate, on a consistent basis, that you can meet team objectives, targets, and deadlines
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to construct a narrative and have the confidence to express one’s position clearly while communicating with senior market leaders, whether that be over the phone or in Client meetings
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to quickly understand and apply key technical and financial aspects
- Understanding of mathematical concepts and processes, with excellent quantitative skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and data management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent written and spoken English