Posted 21 February 2022
PLEASE NOTE - We are looking for candidates based in either Shanghai or Singapore. Candidates need to have full right to work in the location they are applying. We are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this role.
CRU Consulting are looking for recent graduates to join their team as a Research Analyst in either Singapore or Shanghai. As the consulting arm of CRU, we deliver bespoke projects across a wide section of clients in the mining, metals and energy industries. We provide value to our clients through accurate data, insightful analysis, and timely delivery. At CRU we work in a dynamic environment, alongside world experts and at an international level. There is a strong ethos around continuous learning and respecting good work-life balance, with many opportunities to grow your knowledge and network.
We welcome Graduates from a broad range of backgrounds and there is no single preferred major or field of study. However, we do look for people who have a strong academic background and a willingness to engage in new experiences and projects, as well as a keen interest in commodity markets. Candidates will use problem solving techniques to provide solutions through the effective communication of ideas to project team members and clients. This requires attention to detail, identification of trends, ability to look at the big picture and an interest in understanding key evolving issues surrounding commodity markets.
As a Research Analyst, you will carry out primary research across a wide range of product areas as well as using and developing data, models and methodologies to identify key trends and insights for our clients. You will also use CRU views, models and forecasts to produce written reports and presentations, developing original arguments and narratives that are clear and concise to our clients. Working in highly collaborative global teams, you will interact with colleagues around the APAC region as well as our offices around the world. Client interaction is key and you will contribute to commercial proposals, insights and presentations as well as visiting sites, clients and conferences across the APAC region as required.
As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so you will also need to be comfortable with this.
About you - What skills are we looking for?
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Undergraduate degree as minimum - While most of our applications are from fields such as Economics, Engineering, or Business, we will consider Graduates from a broad range of backgrounds. Post graduate qualifications would be advantageous
- Fluent written and spoken English. Fluency in another language would be advantageous
- Ability to combine quantitative methods with the humanities - that is transforming data and models into compelling stories and arguments that are relevant for their target audience
- A deep curiosity in how things work, notably linkages between the primary industries/natural resources industries and the macroeconomy, finance, company strategy and government policy
- A creative thinker based on a robust approach to data/modelling
- Ability to construct compelling narratives and arguments from data and models
- Excellent team ethic and able to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Organised and be able to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with an aptitude to learn new systems. Experience with statistical software would be an advantage