Senior Research AnalystPittsburgh, United States
Posted 10 May 2022
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm within CRU and delivers bespoke projects to various clients in the mining, metals, and energy industries. We provide value to our clients through insightful analysis, accurate data, and timely delivery. Working alongside industry experts, you will play a key role within our consulting division, providing in-depth and insightful knowledge on a wide range of exciting and often confidential global projects.
As a Snr Research Analyst you will participate in and oversee and deliver a variety of consulting projects, including those in relation to our strategy, financing, public policy, legal or sustainability practices. Projects will vary dependant on your experience and the project work we have at any given time. The ability to provide key analysis and insight, intellectual leadership, develop client relationships and develop and effectively manage the delivery of high-quality work for clients will be the keys to your success in this role.
- You will have a strong background in qualitative and quantitative research, and will be a creative thinker based on a robust analytical approach
- Develop successful client relationships - Promote CRU Consultancy services to a wide range of potential clients
- Leads - Using own leads, and leads provided by other teams at CRU, identify, and develop project assignments. Contribute ideas for business development to the management team, and departmental marketing meetings
- Negotiation of project contracts – Providing clarity on scope, timescale, and value, to ensure that projects are delivered profitably and to the complete satisfaction of the customer
- Present and follow up projects - Resolve any queries raised by the client
- Act as “Project Manager” in some projects - Outlining the strategy for conducting the research, securing adequate resource and defining and communicating the objectives of the project to all involved
Applicants ideally have solid proven experience as an analyst or consultant in a commodity-based sector (preferably metals or mining) or in a related commercial, investment, technical or governmental role. Candidates from industry, manufacturing or materials focussed backgrounds will also be considered. Being a first-class fluent English communicator, both written and verbal are essential. A second language (ideally Spanish) would be advantageous.
Candidates should have obtained at least a Bachelor’s degree from a top accredited university. Ideal disciplines are Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy, Public Policy, Sustainability or Material Science. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with the potential for future travel.Apply for this role here