Steel Prices AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 03 May 2022
Our market-leading Steel team is seeking a talented and motivated Steel Prices Analyst to be responsible for price discovery in the EMEA Steel markets.
You will have the ability to manage and expand price assessment contact, create high-quality market updates, price discovery, and coupled with the ability to build and maintain and grow strong client relationships. Key to the role is possessing a clear understanding of the market and being able to provide detailed answers to customer enquiries.
We are looking for an individual that has a good understanding of the wider industry, with the ability to quickly grasp the key technical and financial aspects desired, whilst being able to construct a compelling narrative and have the confidence to express and defend one’s position clearly. Having a strong quantitative background and being a creative thinker, based on a robust approach to data management and modelling will be highly beneficial in this role. Having a level of understanding of the Steel and/or steel making raw material markets, would be an advantage, although not essential.
We are looking for candidates with a top degree from a leading university (Undergraduate and Masters) – The undergraduate degree (first or 2:1), or equivalent level qualification from a leading university outside of the UK in a relevant discipline. You must be able to work to strict deadlines and have excellent attention to details, as well as having excellent communication skills especially in both written and verbal.
As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed. The role will also require a level of international and local travel (pandemic travel restrictions dependant), so candidates will need to be comfortable with this.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Price discovery and assessment;
- Network building and maintenance;
- Commodity pricing mechanisms, ideally in steel and/or steelmaking raw material markets;
- Market requirements for pricing benchmarks;
- Structure and operation of commodity supply chains, industry and competitive landscape;
- Creation of written market analysis;
- Customer value drivers and motivations.
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Team working: Someone who can take the initiative but also perform successfully as part of a team
- Commercial awareness: Strong appreciation of the commercial aspects of the role. Always seeking ways to maximise revenue/profit whilst generating the best value for clients
- Client & Market Interaction: Confidence in communicating with senior market leaders, whether that be over the phone, in Client meetings, or presenting at Conferences. Someone who will quickly gain the respect and trust of the clients
- Performance driven: The ability to demonstrate, on a consistent basis, that you can meet team objectives, targets, and deadlines
- Analytical skills: The ability to critically analyse “soft” and “hard” data. A person that can quickly identify key trends to generate perceptive conclusions and unique insight
- Numeracy: Familiarity with handling large data sets and understanding mathematical concepts and processes. Someone who can interpret, manipulate, and manage data
- Communication skills: Complete fluency (written and spoken) in English
- IT Skills: Excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and data management skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint