CRU is holding our exclusive Australia Mining and Metals Briefings in February and we would be delighted if you and your colleagues can join us.
The briefings are free to attend and will take place in Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney. The title for the session is “Licence to Operate and its Impacts on Supply and Costs” and experts from CRU’s office in Sydney will examine the impacts of environmental policies on the markets for iron ore, coal, steel, base metals and battery metals through the following presentations:
1. Introduction to CRU and our ESG work
2. Framing the challenge: decarbonisation and the steel industry
3. Measuring emissions across the global iron ore industry
4. What does decarbonisation mean for coal?
5. Water sustainability and droughts – new risks to copper and nickel production and future supply
6. In the future rush for lithium hydroxide, can Australia compete?
Senior experts from CRU's office in Sydney will give a series of presentations examining the impacts of environmental policies on the sector and the market outlook for iron ore, coal, steel, copper, nickel, cobalt, lithium and battery metals.
The dates and venues for the briefings are:
- Perth - Monday 10 February at 13.30-17.30
The Westin Perth, 480 Hay Street, Perth
- Melbourne - Tuesday 11 February at 14.00-18.00
InterContinental Melbourne, 495 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Brisbane - Wednesday 12 February at 13.30-17.30
Hilton Brisbane, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
- Sydney - Thursday 13 February at 13.30-17.30
The Fullerton Hotel Sydney, 1 Martin Place, Sydney
If you and your colleagues would like to join CRU's briefings, please register your names on the relevant links below to guarantee your places.Perth - Monday 10 February
Melbourne - Tuesday 11 February
Brisbane - Wednesday 12 February
Sydney - Thursday 13 February
Last week, CRU’s China offices in Shanghai and Beijing returned to work following the Chinese New Year holiday, which was extended due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus...