The China Steel Service provides analytical coverage of the Chinese steel market, combining rigorous price assessments from a dedicated team of price assessors, detailed weekly domestic and export margins, granular export data and analysis from CRU’s analysts in Beijing to provide in-depth coverage of the Chinese steel market.
The margins over variable costs are based on CRU’s proprietary production cost and EBITDA margin data, and are updated weekly for rebar, square bar, HR coil and CR coil. We are adding domestic margins covering the same products in response to customer feedback.
This will permit better comparison of margin calculations, which have become an important factor in price-sensitive exporters export allocation decisions. Our Beijing-based teams of analysts are also creating near term forecasts for domestic and export sales out ranging up until six weeks ahead, based on current raw material price fluctuations. Again, this feature has been added in response to customer feedback, requesting improved clarity about short-term drivers of steel prices.
A comprehensive price service
The heart of the China Steel Service is its comprehensive coverage of Chinese steel export prices. The China Steel Services publishes six key steel export prices every week, and HR coil and rebar prices daily. A team of 8 people contributes to the China Steel Service including a full-time team of 5, all of whom have experience covering Chinese steel exports.
Export price coverage:
- SS400 grade HR coil, FOB Tianjin
- BS500b grade rebar, FOB Tianjin
- SPCC 1.0mm gauge CR coil, FOB Tianjin
- SGCC 1.0mm gauge 120g zinc-coated HDG with zero spangle, FOB Tianjin
- SS400 14-20mm medium plate, FOB Tianjin
- Q235 150mm x 150mm diameter square bar, FOB Tianjin
- SAE1008 wire rod, FOB East China port
- Q235 200x200 H-beam, FOB East China port
Key features and benefits: China Steel Service
Explore this topic with CRU
- Up-to-date and historical data in a variety of formats
- High frequency weekly production cost, and EBITDA margin data covering HR coil, CR coil, steel slab, steel billet, and rebar (for both domestic Chinese and export steel prices)
- Daily/weekly market commentary by experienced Shanghai-based price analysts
- Weekly analysis of longs and flat market dynamics produced by CRU’s Beijing-based consultants
- Fundamentals data covering Chinese import and export volumes disaggregated by product type and counterparty
- Monthly short-term forecasts looking forward six weeks for key square bar, rebar, HR coil, and CR coil export benchmarks
- Regular CRU Insights with an in-depth focus on important issues