View CRU's latest webinar focusing on the effects of the lockdown on the automotive industry.
Lockdowns through April for most of the world economy has led us revise our outlook for 2020 further down. We now expect significant contractions in Some sectors have been hit hard, while others have adapted. The auto industry has suffered, having knock on effects on the demand for metals. Chief economist, Jumana Saleheen, joins Principal Analyst Neil Hawkes and Senior Analyst’s George Heppel and Kirill Kirilenko to discuss our latest global forecasts and their implications for a range of metals. This webinar will cover Cobalt, Lead, Lithium, Platinum and Palladium.
- Latest global macro forecast
- Global recession is now expected to be deeper, with a longer recovery
- Latest data on the impact of lockdowns on metal intensive sectors
- Auto market
- How will Covid19 affect the demand for Cobalt, Lithium and other emerging battery metals
- Impact of Covid19 for global lead demand, given its large exposure to the automotive sectors
- How will falling auto build rates change market dynamics for Platinum and Palladium
This webinar was originally recorded on 14th May 2020 for CRU's subscribers. Please register below and get in touch for any questions.
View the webinar
President Xi recently announced China’s commitment to peak carbon emissions by 2030 “Net Zero” by 2060. Assessing the credibility of this announcement, and its...