Ian has 11 years’ experience both as a market analyst and industry consultant. He is currently Head of Consulting, Southeast Asia with overall responsibility for CRU’s Consulting business in the region.
Between 2015-2017, he was Desk Manager Non-Ferrous Metals and between 2012-2015 Desk Manager Ferrous Metals with responsibility for designing and executing consulting projects in these respective areas all over the world. Ian has lead numerous consulting projects in the areas of strategy development, financial transactions and negotiation support across the mining and metals sector. He has undertaken primary research at mines and metals processing facilities all over the world and delivered reports, presentations and workshops to senior managers and company executives.
- Expert Witness. Lead a team of consultants and experts to evaluate a number of commercial and technical assumptions used in a legal dispute. Ian gave evidence at the London Court of International Arbitration in late 2017
- IPO Support. Project Director for the development of an IPO prospectus and supporting advise for a Chinese lithium company listing on the Hong Kong Exchange in 2018.
- Lenders’ Market Expert. Project Director for lenders’ market report and supporting advise for a new nickel HPAL for a global bank in 2018
- Negotiation support. Lead a team of consultants advising the C-suite on a LOM offtake agreement in 2019
- M&A Due Diligence for a Southeast Asian steelmaker in 2018
Ian holds a BSc in Economics from the University of Essex in the United Kingdom.
China’s uranium inventory build-up has supported global market demand over the last decade – it accounted for 27% of global demand in 2018. Expectation around further...