Ian is responsible for CRU’s Consultancy business in China and Southeast Asia.
He heads up a team of consultants located in Beijing, Shanghai and Singapore serving clients across Asia. He brings a broad range of experience from across different practice areas and commodities gained through more than 12 years’ working as both a consultant and analyst in the mining and metals industry.
Ian has worked with clients all over the world, but is particularly familiar Asia. Before moving to Singapore, Ian was based in Hong Kong and travelled frequently in China, Indonesia, Philippines Japan and Korea helping clients understand market issues that affect financial transactions, business strategy and legal disputes.
Recent projects include the following:
- Fair arms length pricing and negotiation strategy for a nickel intermediate product for a miner
- Assessment of the economics of downstream processing for a Southeast Asian copper producer
- Lenders’ market consultant for a new lead / zinc smelter in Southeast Asia
- Expert witness in a legal dispute in uranium for a government
- Lenders’ market consultant for a new nickel HPAL for a global bank bank
- IPO support for a Chinese lithium company listing on the Hong Kong Exchange
- Feasibility study for a sulphuric acid plant for a Southeast Asian copper-gold miner
- M&A market due diligence for a Southeast Asian steelmaker
- Lenders’ market consultant for a ferroalloys producer in Southeast Asia
Ian holds a BSc in Economics from the University of Essex in the United Kingdom.
China’s uranium inventory build-up has supported global market demand over the last decade – it accounted for 27% of global demand in 2018. Expectation around further...