Matthew has over 20 years of experience working in both consulting and the global steel industry.
Prior to joining CRU in 2016, Matthew held a number of senior management positions within Tata Steel in Europe and its predecessor companies. These included Strategy Director for the Long Products Division and more recently Head of Portfolio Development. Matthew also spent five years living and working in Paris whilst working within the then Corus Rail business unit.
Since joining CRU as Head of Steel and Steel Raw Materials Consulting, he has led assignments across the global steel value chain for a number of leading international companies within the steel value chain in Europe, Russia, China, Australia, Japan and SE Asia.
In 2018, Matthew moved to Singapore to head up CRU Consulting’s APAC regional teams in Sydney, Beijing and Singapore alongside his steel role.
Matthew has a First Class Honours degree in Engineering from Loughborough University and a post-graduate diploma in Manufacturing and Management from Cambridge University. He holds an MBA from the ENPC School of International Business, Paris. He is a Sainsbury Management Fellow.
Matthew is based in CRU's Singapore office.
Recent Conference presentations:
- 2020 SEAISI e-conference - What next for the global steel industry in a post Covid 19 world?
- SEAISI Conference, Bangkok, 17-20 June 2019 - The new era in steel-Post China supply side reforms and the outlook for steelmaking in SE Asia
- Tokyo Iron Ore, Coal and Steel Briefing - Long term winners and losers in the steel value chain
- CRU Shanghai Metals Briefing - China Steel M&A
- CRU iron ore and coal briefing - Managing uncertainty in commodity markets
Our client, a leading international raw materials producer, wanted to understand the potential implications of the energy transition for future market conditions....