Compliance AnalystLondon, United Kingdom
Posted 12 May 2021
We are currently looking to recruit a Compliance Analyst to join the team in either our London or Pittsburgh office. Our small in-house Compliance team are dedicated to ensuring that the Company operates in full compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations.
Reporting into the Compliance Lead, this position requires an individual who will be able to develop, implement, and maintain compliance policies and processes globally across the business. There will be a particular focus on IOSCO principles due to CRU’s position as a major Price Reporting Agency in the Metals, Mining and Fertilisers Space, along with assisting with the administration and management of other company compliance objectives such as data protection and information security. The Compliance Analyst will need to advise and collaborate with the business in relation to various compliance matters, and will serve as a bridge between various departments to ensure the effective communication of compliance requirements is effective across the business.
We are looking for candidates that have proven previous working experience in a similar role or a regulated environment, and ideally candidates will have Compliance related certifications. Having a knowledge of the Commodities market - mining and metals and/or energy and agriculture would be greatly beneficial. Candidates should be comfortable with working independently, and ensuring they have a positive and collaborative attitude, with a genuine interest in developing the Compliance function to be the best in the industry. As a global Company we work across multiple time zones, so a degree of flexibility will be needed.
About you – What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience of internal monitoring, audits, policy, and process maintenance
- Effective critical thinking and analysis skills, oral and written communication including ability to track and meet schedules and deadlines
- Exposure working across multi-locations with different cultures
- Commercial awareness – The ability to understand the wider business context, and demonstrate a commitment to supporting cross-organisational activities
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluent in English - Both written and spoken
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively, and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment