Consultant Santiago, Chile
Posted 23 January 2024
CRU Consulting is the consultancy arm of the CRU Group. We deliver strategic analysis and insight to clients related to or involved in the mining, metals, technology metals and fertilisers industries. We provide value to our clients through clarity of communication, industry expertise, insightful analysis, accurate data and timely delivery.
A Consultant will work as part of a dynamic, supportive and truly international team; managing projects; building new client relationships; providing in-depth and insightful knowledge on a wide range of exciting and often confidential global projects.
The applicant be entitled to undertake full time work in CRU’s Santiago office. While a hybrid working arrangement is offered, the candidate will be required to be based out of the Santiago area and work in the Santiago office a minimum of two days per week.
Consultants are primarily responsible for responding to project management and business development through responding to incoming opportunities and regular client interactions. You will be expected to carry out and supervise junior team members to delight our clients with the service they receive from CRU Consulting through:
- Working with clients, CRU Sales, Consulting team members to develop clear / concise project proposals
- Designing project workplans. Leading, delegating and contributing to internal and external project meetings
- Drawing and communicating clear conclusions for clients
- Finding and developing insightful data using existing data analysis methodologies; identifying key trends and messages in data
- Preparing reports in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other technical/economic software as appropriate
- Responsible for meeting self-imposed deadlines.
- In addition, you will be expected to:
- Support senior team members’ marketing; lead generation and proposal preparation
- Contribute to marketing material and writing up case studies.
- Document client contacts, leads and proposals in SalesForce
- Interact with CRU’s offices and key staff
- Proactively present market opportunities to clients, gain insight into client’s business, identify and convince potential clients on how CRU can assist them
- Relevant first degree e.g. Engineering, Economics
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Further degree (Masters degree with merit, MBA and/or PhD) would be beneficial
- Project management experience including exposure to working across multi-locations with different cultures
- Intellectual leadership with an exceptional understanding of the metals, mining and energy markets
- Strong quantitative background and a creative thinker underpinned by robust approach to data/modelling
- Strong report preparation and presentation skills
- Experience in business development strongly preferred
- Experience in the mining industry in Chile, Peru and/or Brazil preferred
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate others, develop and mentor members of the broader consultancy team and provide clear direction even in situations involving ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience of project/team leadership and focus on quality
- Ability to discuss confidently with market participants and an inquisitive mind to obtain information that helps CRU Consulting provide a unique understanding to these markets